July 18, 2018, New York, NY – Fox News attracted 346,100,000 audience visits to its website in June, a gain of 10.61% compared to May 2018, according to TheRighting’s exclusive analysis of SimilarWeb data. Fox News was not only the leading conservative website for the month in total audience visits, but it generated an increase of 33,200,000 visits vs. May, by far the largest increase of any right-wing media outlet.
Seventy-five percent of the top 20 conservative websites measured by visits posted audience gains for the month of June, according to TheRighting’s research. Altogether 15 right-wing websites showed gains in June-over-May visits.
All three prominent mainstream media sites TheRighting tracks each month experienced declines in June-over-May visits. The New York Times (-11.83%), The Washington Post (-8.56%) and CNN (-3.72%).
“Conservative audiences may have been drawn to right-wing websites for more news, insights and commentary about the Left’s alleged bullying of White Officials like Sarah Sanders and the Right’s spirited defense of Trump’s immigration policies,” said Howard Polskin, President and Chief Curator, TheRighting. “Those stories dominated conservative media for a good part of the month.”
Leaders and Laggards Among Top 20 Conservative Websites for June 2018
(by visit percentage increase/decrease from the previous month of May 2018):
· The Washington Times (+29.48%)
· The Washington Free Beacon (+25.30%)
· The Daily Caller (+22.01%)
· Twitchy (-9.38%)
· The Federalist (-4.90%)
· Breitbart (-2.44%)
The top 5 conservative websites in total June visits are as follows:
1. Foxnews.com (346,100,000)
2. Breitbart (64,640,000)
3. The Daily Caller (35,110,000)
4. The Daily Wire (26,060,000)
5. The Gateway Pundit (19,070,000)
Among other trends TheRighting found in June:
· Rising star: CNS News almost doubled its June audience visits compared to May, posting a 49.54% increase.
· Falling star: Although not a top 20 website, The Weekly Standard’s audience visits dropped24.84% in June, the most of any website TheRighting surveyed in June.
· Neo-Nazi website holds steady: The Daily Stormer generated 2,700,000 audience visits in June, down slightly from 2,720,000 in May.
Each month, TheRighting examines SimilarWeb data on dozens of prominent conservative websites that post original content. TheRighting ranks the top 20 conservative websites on the basis of total monthly visits and also provides data on whether visits have increased or decreased from the previous month. That information is posted on the Metrics section of TheRighting’s website. (June 2018 data available here.)
TheRighting publishes an A-Z Guide to Right-Wing Media on its website and updates it regularly. It features descriptions about prominent right-wing media websites.