August 13, 2018, New York, NY – Foxnews.com drew 357,540,000 audience visits to its website in July, an increase of 3.31% compared to May 2018, according to TheRighting’s exclusive analysis of SimilarWeb data. It was the most visits to Foxnews.com this year and it helped make Foxnews.com the leading conservative website for July.
Infowars was one of the largest percentage gainers of the month, recording an increase in audience visits of 11.29%. According to TheRighting’s analysis of SimilarWeb’s data, 5.1% of Infowars’ desktop traffic came from Facebook. Overall, 10.46% of all Infowars’ desktop traffic came from a variety of social media platforms including Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
The three prominent mainstream media sites TheRighting tracks each month posted mixed results in July-over-June visits: The New York Times (+1.53%), The Washington Post (-1.23%) and CNN (-4.66%).
Leaders and Laggards Among Top 20 Conservative Websites for July 2018
(by visit percentage increase/decrease from the previous month of June 2018):
· WND (+16.15%)
· The Washington Examiner (+15.06%)
· Infowars (+11.29%)
· The Washington Times (-18.30%)
· The Federalist (-15.16%)
· The Daily Caller (-10.88%)
The top 5 conservative websites in total July visits are as follows:
1. Foxnews.com (357,540,000)
2. Breitbart (64,460,000)
3. The Daily Caller (31,290,000)
4. The Daily Wire (27,280,000)
5. The Gateway Pundit (20,530,000)
Among other trends TheRighting found in July:
· Fox News Trumps The New York Times for second month in a row. 357,540,000 audience visits to 325,040,000.
· Neo-Nazi website increases its audience. The Daily Stormer posted a 10.82% increase in July-to-June audience visits rising to 2,990,000.
· Battle of the Washingtons: The Washington Examiner had more audience visits in July than The Washington Times for the first time since February 2018.
Each month, TheRighting examines SimilarWeb data on dozens of prominent conservative websites that post original content. TheRighting ranks the top 20 conservative websites on the basis of total monthly visits and also provides data on whether visits have increased or decreased from the previous month. That information is posted on the Metrics section of TheRighting’s website. (July 2018 data available here.)
TheRighting publishes an A-Z Guide to Right-Wing Media on its website and updates it regularly. It features descriptions about prominent right-wing media websites.