September 14, 2018, New York, NY – Audience visits to the controversial far-right website Infowars ballooned 32.30% in August compared to July, the largest increase of any leading conservative website according to TheRighting’s exclusive analysis based on SimilarWeb data. Infowars also recorded 24,980,000 audience visits for the month, the highest number of visits Infowars generated this year.
Foxnews.com drew 365,020,000 audience visits to its website in August, an increase of 2.09% compared to July 2018. It was the most visits to Foxnews.com in 2018 and it helped make Foxnews.com the leading conservative website for August.
The three prominent mainstream media sites TheRighting tracks each month posted positive results in August-over-July visits. The Washington Post (+6.79), The New York Times (+2.17%) and CNN (1.28%).
Leaders and Laggards Among Top 20 Conservative Websites for August 2018
(by visit percentage increase/decrease from the previous month of July 2018):
· Infowars (+32.30%)
· Breitbart (+8.33%)
· The Washington Free Beacon (+7.67%)
· The Washington Examiner (-16.99%)
· Newmax (-12.63%)
· Townhall (-11.94%)
The top 5 conservative websites in total July visits are as follows:
1. Foxnews.com (365,020,000)
2. Breitbart (69,870,000)
3. The Daily Wire (28,790,000)
4. The Daily Caller (28,680,000)
5. Infowars (24,980,000)
Among other trends TheRighting found in August:
· Fox News Trumps The New York Times for third month in a row. 365,020,000 audience visits to 332,090,000.
· Neo-Nazi website continues to build audience. The Daily Stormer posted a 5.67% increase in August-over-July audience visits rising to 3,160,000.
· Breitbart generates second-highest number of audience visits in 2018: 69,870,000, an August-over-July increase of +8.21%.
Each month, TheRighting examines SimilarWeb data on dozens of prominent conservative websites that post original content. TheRighting ranks the top 20 conservative websites on the basis of total monthly visits and also provides data on whether visits have increased or decreased from the previous month. That information is posted on the Metrics section of TheRighting’s website. (August 2018 data available here.)
TheRighting also publishes an A-Z Guide to Right-Wing Media on its website and updates it regularly. It features descriptions about prominent right-wing media websites.0